Hello Everyone !
Hope you all are doing great ! Now its the beginning of winter season. I love this winter season because of so many new varieties of different food. Chikki or gajak is one of them. I really love all types of Chikki but Moongfali Chikki is one of my favorite😄! This Chikki will remember you your childhood days. As the flavour taste & crispiness is exactly like market style. You can make this Chikki very easily at home within 15 minutes. You will not buy Chikki from market if you taste it.
You can see this recipe on my YouTube channel- cradle of joy. Please show your live by hitting the subscribe & like button😊😊! Here is the link-
* Peanut/Moongfali- 1 cup
* Sugar- 3/4 th cup
* Jaggery- 2 tsp(crushed)
* Fennel seeds/Saunf- 2 tsp
* Ghee- 1 tsp
* Take a nonstick kadahi, pour ghee. Add sugar and Jaggery-. Let it melt, Stir well on medium flame.
* After melting sugar, check it pouring one drop in a water bowl. If it is crispy it means it is ready. Turn off the flame. Be careful don’t overcook sugar. Just wait for the melting of sugar, there is no need of any one thread or two thread consistency of sugar syrup.
* In the meanwhile grease the rolling board and the back of a steel bowl very well, please see the video.
* Add peanuts when sugar is melt. Mix it well and then turn it on the rolling board.
* Immediately flattened it with the help of greased bowl continuously. After flattening sprinkle fennel seeds or saunf and flattened it again. Now cut it with the help of a knife otherwise after cooling it down it would be difficult to cut according to your choice. Do immediately without waiting.
Wow !! Great , here is the crispy Chikki